Monday, May 23, 2011

Raw food cleanse

I have been trying to get out of the junk food snacking and back into healthy snacks again.  By healthy, I mean whole foods!  Fresh fruits and veggies, nuts, and seeds.  Stuff like that!  Two days ago I had pineapple for breakfast.  Later in the day I had a green smoothie with spinach, strawberries, and water and it was refreshing.  Then I had cherries for a snack, and some fried foods for dinner (jalepeno poppers and onion rings).  It was supposed to be our last feast before starting healthier diets.

Today I started out on the right track.  I had a green smoothie, this time with spinach, aloe vera gel, strawberries, a kiwi, date, and some water.  It was pretty good.  I also packed green beans, cherries, and almonds for snacks.  It was quite a refreshing lunch!

Then came the phone call a few hours later... "Mom can you pick me up from school?  I have way too much stuff to carry home on the bus."  So off I went, and as I drove by Zaxby's I was hungry!  When I picked up Andrew, I decided to treat him.  You know I really didn't go for myself, right?  Ok, so I used him as an excuse to get chicken fingers, fries, and a half-sweet half-unsweet tea.  And it was gooooood!

Rather than beat myself up over it, I decided to stop eating it halfway through.  Now I'm onto cherries and some aloe/lemon water.  I must admit, I never realized all the benefits of using aloe internally (but I'll save that for another day).

I don't know why I expected myself to be able to go back to eating nothing but raw fruits and veggies again cold turkey, but I did.  Lesson of the day: ONE STEP AT A TIME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home