Saturday, November 26, 2011

Petroleum free Christmas dress

My daughter and petroleum products don't get along.  Liquids in plastic bottles, petroleum jelly, and even polyester.  That makes for difficult dressing at times, and in the past has led to hospital visits and surgeries.

Last year, I made her a coat that was cotton and wool.  We were lucky enough to have found a 100% cotton corduroy Christmas dress last year at Goodwill - and that was a blessing!

This year, I went to Joann's fabric to pick out something I could make that would be a little more her style (total princess that she is).  I got some white cotton fabric with white embroidered snowflakes and circles on it, some dark red duponi silk, white muslin cotton, and a pattern.

I made her a dress that is gorgeous, fits her, and won't whack her out or make her look like she's sick (due to the dark under eyes, red itchy eyes, runny nose, etc.)

The only thing left to do is sew the zipper, but I can't find my zipper foot so that is on hold for now.

What kinds of things do you do for your children to keep them happy and healthy?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home