Friday, March 25, 2011

Baking Soda Deodorant Revisited

Yesterday I posted a video blog about creating a gel deodorant that's all natural and aluminum-free.  We already use the "no poo" recipe, which is baking soda dissolved into water, and use that to wash our faces. It's been working nicely.  The drawback... how much are we wasting?

Using a little xanathan gum (thickener) to create a gel or creme consistency to dissolved baking soda makes what could potentially be used, not only as a deodorant, but as a base for toothpaste, facial wash, or even a creamier type of shampoo!  The possibilities are pretty neat.

This was an accidental finding, you know!  One day I used a little too much xanathan gum trying to thicken a dressing I used for the kids (to make it less pourable) and it was too thick!  Just the right consistency for this, apparently.

I will be trying the remainder of the deodorant recipe I made yesterday as facial wash tonight.  I did add a few extra drops of lavendar essential oil.  Be sure to stay tuned to see how it turned out!  Next on the list is toothpaste.  I am not a fan of fluoride toothpaste, but I AM a fan of a clean mouth.  That's a blog for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home