Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dear Vitamix, please switch to glass


Let me start by saying that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Vitamix blender. I actually have the Vitaprep, which is the commercial version of the Vitamix 5200. It's AWESOME, does everything I want it to, and even fits under our counters (without the lid on it if I tilt, so it counts).

The one thing that REALLY bothers me about these high tech, high power blenders... the PLASTIC pitchers. With my daughters aversion to petroleum-based products, I think twice before using it around her. It doesn't take much for her to have a reaction, and although the pitcher seems to hold up pretty well... I feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette on this one.

And YES, there are other blenders that have glass pitchers. I have had them, including the Kitchen Aid 5 speed blender. It just didn't compare to Vitamix or Blendtec in smoothness of ice creams and nut butters. That, and the way the blades separated from the pitcher, we've had a few unwanted spills!

So PLEASE Vitamix! I know I'm not the only one who would like this, but please switch to GLASS!!! Or even stainless steel. I don't care if I can see my stuff - I just want a safe, non-leaching, pitcher for long term use. And... I PROMISE not to drop it.

Thanks!
Your Faithful Consumer

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home