Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Caffeine 18-wheeler

So you want to know how to get rid of a caffeine withdrawal headache?
Let me tell you how.  It doesn't start the way you think!

Step 1... Listen to your innate (the intelligence within your own body):
If what you are putting in (eating/drinking) makes you tired, LISTEN! DO NOT EAT IT!  This means you have to pay attention to what you eat and how you feel afterwards... be a mindful eater.

My energy sucking food is wheat. It zaps the energy right out of me. What comes next?

The hunt for caffeine, of course!

We want ENERGY.
We NEED energy.
We LOVE energy.

And since the food didn't give it to you, caffeine it is.

Pick your poison, coffee, sweet tea, energy drinks....
And we feel GREAT!
Then...  CRASH!  The energy high wears off.

It makes me feel like I've been walking for days on end through the desert, and my body can't take... another... step!  I cannot lift my arms, they feel so heavy.

MUST. SLEEP...

Fight the vicious cycle, and give your body some energy AND nutrients (what it is REALLY looking for).




Eat some food that doesn't make you exhausted, drink plenty of water, and consider this!

Jane, from www.blenditandmendit.com has a web site full of ideas for getting that energy up in a healthy way.

We are HOOKED on her "Beauty Waters".  It is our preferred way of drinking water now, and I've noticed they keep the caffeine withdrawal headaches away.

BONUS!



Is there something you are putting in your body that makes you exhausted?  Have you tried eliminating it from your diet, and has it made an improvement in your life?  I'd love to hear about it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home